Newbie winbindd question

Joseph Obernberger joeo at nssolutions.com
Thu Oct 12 21:55:19 GMT 2000

Hi,
    I'm trying to run samba TNG in domain mode using
winbindd to grab all the user/group information from a windows NT PDC.
I have it compiled OK for Redhat 6.1.
I've modified the /etc/pam.d/* files to use /lib/security/pam_winbind.so

and the use_first_pass.
/etc/nsswitch.conf has
passwd:     files winbind
group:      files winbind

I have added the redhat machine to the domain, and I can get
the correct output from wbinfo.  wbinfo -u returns all the domain users
(DOMAIN+user ...)
wbinfo -g returns all the domain groups.
The only thing that is not happening is the Unix user database
is not being updated (/etc/passwd, /etc/group).

Any help would be very much appreciated!
Thanks.

                                                joeo