Upgrade from 2.0.7 to 2.6 ...

Eoin Verling everling at comnitel.com
Thu Oct 12 13:47:52 GMT 2000

Hi,

I'm happily running 2.0.7 as a PDC for NT 4 clients ... all going nicely.

I'm starting to introduce Win2000 Pro machines into my network, and am planning to get them authenticating off the PDC too, hence I need to upgrade it.

My question is ... before I start doing it ... is it simply a case of holding onto my current smb.conf, stop 2.0.7 daemons and start the 2.6 daemons? Of have I more to worry about?

Just said I'ld ask before I start doing anything ...

cheers

Eoin Verling            _/ \_   2200 Cork Airport Business Park,
SysAdmin               / \_/ \  Kinsale Rd., Cork, Ireland.
Comnitel Technologies  \_/ \_/  Ph: +353 21 7305608
everling at comnitel.com    \_/    Fax: +353 21 7305624