Samba TNG 2.6 trouble

Ryszard Hodiak hodiak8 at geolog.geol.agh.edu.pl
Tue Oct 10 08:36:13 GMT 2000

Hi everybody,
I've compiled Samba TNG 2.6 on my Sun Ultra1 Solaris 2.6 using GNUcc and I
believe do all I need to set up a Domain and so on and when I'm trying to
add user with samedit I got following message:

samedit -S . -U root
Enter Password:
2000/10/10 10:27:05 client started (version TNG-alpha)
[root at .]$ createuser rysio -p test
createuser rysio -p test

root is in 11 groups: 1, 0, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 12
uid 0 registered to name root
Clearing default real name
User name: root Real name: Super-User
uid 0 vuid 100 registered to unix name root
socket connect to /usr/local/samba/var/locks/.msrpc/samr failed
ncalrpc_l_establish_connection: failed samr)
ncalrpc_l_use_add: connection failed
please use 'lsaquery' first, to ascertain the SID

...and ther is no lsaquery to use anywhere in my Samba distribution.

What I had done wrong? Any sugestion ?
Richard Hodiak