Samba - smbclient

Shannon Johnson sjohnson at lazerlink.net
Mon Oct 9 17:38:21 GMT 2000

I'm having a lot of problems making samba act as my PDC... I sorted most of them out myself, which I'm proud of, but the following 2 problems, I just can't seem to find an answer to. Here they are:

1) When I type "smbclient -U% -L localhost" to test it, I get "tree connect failed: ERRSRV - ERRbadpw (Bad password - name/password pair in a Tree Connect or Session Setup are invalid.)". What does this mean, and how do I correct it?

2) When I try to log onto the Samba server when I start my Windows 98 machine, no matter what username or password combination I try, I get "Incorrect parameter". I changed both the workgroup name and netbios name, but to no avail. If I fix my first problem, will this one go away? Or, if not, then how do I fix it?

I'd appreciate any help on this matter that anyone can give me. I haven't been working with Samba for very long (6 days), so be gentle with me. Thanks in advance.

Shannon Johnson