My server doesn´t work anymore...

Douglas Sandoval dougsanfu at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 9 19:36:16 GMT 2000

A few months ago I installed in my company a RH 6.1
Linux server. It run my internet conection with Squid
and my internal network with SAMBA, each conection has
a separate NIC. The external conection worked on
10.12.108.xxx and the internal on 192.168.45.xxx.
Since then everything worked fine, but when my ISP
server went down my internal network went down too!
I´m almost sure this is a DNS problem but I don´t know
how to fix it. In this moment my ISP is working fine
but my workstations with Win NT4 can´t join the samba
server. (I suspect my ISP did some changes to the name
server).
When I use nmblookup -B client_name '*' it doesn´t
work. But when I use nmblookup -B clien_IP_address '*'
it does.
Also when I use smbclient -L server -R wins it doesn´t
work, but if I use hosts or bcast it does.
Please help me I´m novice in Linux and I´m really
concerned about my network, also excuse my english (my
native languaje is spanish). Thanks a lot!