force win95 to use encrypted passwords

Greg glawler at westmont.edu
Mon Oct 9 19:00:05 GMT 2000

thanks neil... that does work perfectly.
win98 clients that had the enableplaintextpassword registry key set also
were able to log in to the encrypted server.

my initial thinking was that the clients did one or the other but i now
see that they do both.

thanks for the speedy reply, my users return tomorrow to a new linux
domain controller and wont even know the difference ;)

greg

--
             Greg Lawler