Login Script & access to Win95 shares across SAMBA

Patrick Ouellette knightslayer at home.com
Mon Oct 9 17:50:08 GMT 2000

At 10:51 AM 09/10/00 +0300, you wrote:
>the NETLOGON share !!!! = the share where the logon script is located.
>(or if you have somehow placed the netlogon share to workstation, don't
>do that)[it might be even be possible, but...]
>
>You need to define [netlogon] share in smb.con and path attribute for it

But how do I do that when the login script/batch file sits on the NT box,
to which I have no access other than to login.

>b) About win95 workstation shares :
>    Can the win95 workstations see each others shares in network
> neighbourhood ?
>    They should see each others, regardless of samba.

I can see other people's shares, but they can't see mine.

>b.1
>   Make sure both are part of same workgroup.

Yup, that's a given and verified.

>b.2
>   Disable the "NT domain logon" from 2 win95 workstations (=so they
>login to workgroup NOT domain) and reboot. Now, samba has nothing to do
>with them, try if they can see each others now, if not then it's
>winblows problem. Solution : Do A clean re-installation of win95 (on all
>problem ws's), meaning "deltree windows" = delete whole windows
>directory before re-install.

That makes little sense - if I connect the Win95 box directly to the
network, everything works fine.
It's only when the Linux box in set between the win95 and WinNT box that I
loose some capabilities - ergo so isn't win95.