BDC or normal domain client?

Kai Blin k.blin at gmx.net
Fri Oct 6 13:02:13 GMT 2000

Sitting at the campfire, Tobias Held told:
> Hi!
>
> For some weeks we have used a Samba TNG 2.6 server as a PDC at school for
> about 20 NT4 clients quite successfully. For the near future we plan to
> install an additional server providing CDROMs as CD-Images. Now we are
> thinking what is better to configure this server as:
>
> As a BDC of the PDC or as a normal domain client?

I don't know how far the TNG BDC functionality goes. But, knowing the
_security_ in my school, we're using NT in our old room and w2k in the new
room(which really sux and fouls up with maple V and stuff :) ), we don't do
any backups. :)

If you would like to have a filesever, though, you should use another
version of samba, because TNGs file serving capabilities are not really
good, IIRC.

HTH

Kai

--
Kai Blin, Sysop
University of Tuebingen

Anyone who stands out in the middle of a road looks like roadkill to me.
        -- Linus Torvalds