Samba on Fat32

Simo Sorce simo.sorce at polimi.it
Fri Oct 6 14:17:48 GMT 2000

Tony Lam wrote:

> Hi all !
> I got samba-2.0.6-8 source . I have just recompiled it successful .
> And now, I mount a Fat32 disk on Samba server. I want a client to access my
> Fat 32 directory for read/write/override but Samba server to be unable to do
> it.
> Please show me how to change on your source code to do it
> Thanks very much.

Are yiou sure you are able to access your disk as user in console?
If you do not specify umask=0 as mount option only root will be able to
write (perhaps read) your fat32 partition.
What permission do you have on your mount point?

--
Simo Sorce - Integrazione Sistemi Unix/Windows - Politecnico di Milano
E-mail: simo.sorce at polimi.it
Tel.int: 02 2399 2425 - Fax.int. 02 2399 2451