Samba on Fat32

Matthew Geddes mgeddes at xavier.sa.edu.au
Fri Oct 6 06:31:25 GMT 2000

Tony Lam wrote:

> Hi all !
> I got samba-2.0.6-8 source . I have just recompiled it successful .
> And now, I mount a Fat32 disk on Samba server. I want a client to access my
> Fat 32 directory for read/write/override but Samba server to be unable to do
> it.
> Please show me how to change on your source code to do it
> Thanks very much.

The Fat32 support is managed by the operating system. If you can mount
it on the Unix/samba machine, you can share it. If you can share it from
a Windows machine, Samba can utilise it. Can you explain a little
clearer what you are trying to achieve?

Matt

--

Matthew Geddes
Network Manager

...And by the way, Lars Kneschke's Samba TNG FAQ is at
http://www.kneschke.de/projekte/samba_tng/faq/index.php3