Pizza vouchers?

Gerald Carter gcarter at valinux.com
Fri Oct 6 02:07:54 GMT 2000

Frank Carreiro wrote:

> I'm impatient for the next release of samba myself...
> I'm having all sorts of issues with getting NT
> local/global groups to map against my UNIX
> groups.  I'm hoping this next version will
> meet that need...
>
> Other than that Samba has made my life A GREAT
> DEAL EASIER!!!
>
> Where can I send pizza vouchers?  I'd be happy to
> purchase and send several.  I think the headaches
> samba has relieved DESERVES at least a few.

Thanks Frank.   I'm afraid though that user/group
mapping code has not been reworked for the next release
(and not from lack of desire or awareness of the problem).
Tim has made some progress in HEAD, but we need to re-evalute
the entire design in order to have the necessary confidence
in it.

Stay tuned.

Cheers, jerry
 \/    http://www.valinux.com  VA Linux Systems    gcarter at valinux.com