reason we(you) cant keep using Samba

Jeremy Allison jeremy at valinux.com
Thu Oct 5 21:04:55 GMT 2000

Joe Rhett wrote:

> Yet when I reported
> and demonstrated problems in the implemention, Jeremy would make smart
> remarks about "who would need that"? and other randomness.

I don't remember such. I normally try and jump on all bugs as
soon as time permits. I don't always reply but that's due to
my email volume.

> 2) I spent about 140 hours once updating the Samba docs. I sent the patches
> in and didn't get a single reply.

That can also happen, sorry. A lot of the time we don't get
feedback back to people - that's something I'm trying to work
on so people know when something gets integrated.

> When I sent in a comment about that,
> Jeremy responded that my notes were useless, it wasn't made for people who
> didn't know what they were doing.

Again, I don't remember doing this. Being dismissive of
other people's efforts is definately not something I make
a habit of doing.

> We had "Sun, HP & IBM ready to put cash into this for SOURCE CODE RIGHTS"

(capitalised emphasis mine - not original posters).

Could this be the core of your issues with Samba development ?
We don't own Samba, so we couldn't possibly allow this.

Jeremy.