Login Script & access to Win95 shares across SAMBA

James W. Beauchamp jbeauchamp at gesinc.com
Thu Oct 5 23:56:56 GMT 2000

Patrick :

Is the NT box the PDC?  If it is then it will authenticate your login, not
SAMBA, and your login script should run fine.  Samba can't be a BDC (at
least in 2.0.7).  In the smb.conf you need to set
domain logons = no (NT will authenticate)
domain controller = nameofNTcontroller

Now, even though you have a resource tied to a Win95 box, if you want Samba
to administer it, it must be set up there.  ie. for a shared printer, you
must use printtool to create an entry in /etc/printcap for the printer, and
create a printer share (you can simply uncomment the one that is in the
default smb.conf, but you may have to tune the print command =  for your
specific printer.  I have this exact scenario with a printer shared through
Samba that is attached to a Win95 machine.

If I have misspoke I trust someone will correct me kindly :) . (newbie just
starting to figure this stuff out).
What am I missing?

James