The reason we can't continue using Samba

Gerald Carter gcarter at valinux.com
Thu Oct 5 19:35:08 GMT 2000

Joe Rhett wrote:

> > > However, the fact remains that for most serious
> > > users of Samba, this announcement means that the
> > > product is effectively dead.
> >
> > This is not an annoucement.  Luke got mad and quit.
> > That's what happened.
> >
> > Does anyone ever listen?  We have over and over again
> > said that we are working on PDC support.
>
> And you have over and over stated that a
> timeline isn't possible. Since that effective means you
> could quite happily deliver in Q4 2002 we can't
> possibly count upon having Samba function in any realistic
> part of our organization.
>
> Nobody's asking for a do-or-die date. We just want to know
> if you'll deliver in 2000, 2001, 2002 ....

Ummm...I'm guessing this message got sent quite after
the fact.  Consider this thread is fairly old in the
light of current developments.

I think you'll find the current activity and roadmap
to be helpful.

    http://us4.samba.org/samba/development.html

We are trying our best to accomodate the Samba community.

Cheers, jerry
 \/    http://www.valinux.com  VA Linux Systems    gcarter at valinux.com
       http://www.samba.org       SAMBA Team           jerry at samba.org
       http://www.eng.auburn.edu/~cartegw