[Fwd: Re: Minor PDC feature]

Buchan Milne bgmilne at ing.sun.ac.za
Thu Oct 5 15:45:39 GMT 2000

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: Minor PDC feature
Date: Thu, 05 Oct 2000 17:45:08 +0200
From: Buchan Milne <bgmilne at ing.sun.ac.za>
To: Gerald Carter <gcarter at valinux.com>
<39DC7E69.987EFEF3 at valinux.com>

If you mean giving file permissions/acls on the Windows NT 4 clients
based on accounts on a samba PDC, this is working on 2.0.7. We have
2.0.7 as our PDC, with very few problems (who wants to run user manager
anyway, we have ssh). Domain groups don't work of course, which is my
biggest wish for 2.2.x.

btw. On the matter of changing unix passwords from windows, why not let
people use ssh. Here our mail server is a Netware machine, so we have 2
passwords, and have to run "setpass" to change Netware's password.
What's the diff having to change a password from ssh (unless you don't
want people logging into the unix boxes).

Buchan

--
Cellphone                                           +27824722231
email                               mailto:bgmilne at ing.sun.ac.za
Centre for Automotive Engineering       http://www.sun.ac.za/cae
South Africas first satellite:        http://sunsat.ee.sun.ac.za
Control Models                          http://www.control.co.za