Linux vs. Win 2000

James W. Beauchamp jbeauchamp at gesinc.com
Thu Oct 5 15:32:31 GMT 2000

Is Samba acting as a domain controller?  If so, Win2000 cannot join a domain
hosted by Samba, at least in the 2.0.7 version.  For this functionality you
would need to get and install TNG 2.6, however, this branch is not
undergoing development anymore and its features are soon to be integrated
into the main version of Samba.  Please check the samba web pages for a
recently posted update concerning features, versions, and estimated delivery
times.

Hope this helps.

James