I can't connect a NT WorkStation 4 on Samba

Jean-Baptiste Dioli jbdioli at med-net.com
Thu Oct 5 10:01:08 GMT 2000

Hello,

I try to connect a NT WorkStation 4, but the NT workstation refuse to be
connecting to the Samba share.
I have no problem to connect a Win9x station or Win2000 station. The
configuration of the samba server is very simple:
 the security = SHARE
 the hosts allow = it's the @ of the network
 the guest account = nobody
 there is no WINS Server
 there is no Netbios name Server

If somebody can explain to me, or give the explanation of why this
configuration doesn't work, I will be very please.

actually, if I use the command "net use" on the WinNT4 to connect it, on the
samba server, it work. I connect my network drive to the NT. Now if I try to
connect my network drive by the computer browser or network browser, I can't
access to the samba share.

Thank you for your help