Samba NT PDC problem.

Sameer Pokarna sameer at liqwidkrystal.com
Thu Oct 5 05:31:49 GMT 2000

> 1. By resources, you mean files and printers only (of course) ?

that is right.

> If that's it, then this is one of the basic functionality in Samba ...
>
> 2. "sharing of resources by users amongst themselves"
> Can you describe it more precisely ? Especially: amongst themselves
> Maybe some example ...

Suppose there are 2 user workstations X & Y and both are part of domain D.
- A user x wants to share a file on his workstation X with all users of
domain D.
- A user x wants to share a file on his workstation with user y of domain D.
- A user x wants to share a file with a user z on workstation X (domain X).

These are various scenarios that sharing can be needed...
"Amongst themselves" holds for scenarios 2 and 3.

Sameer