Configuration problems

Arpit Agarwal arpit at pspl.co.in
Wed Oct 4 06:15:34 GMT 2000

I am having problems accessing my Samba shares from NT/Win2k machines.

Unix box: Sparc/Solaris 2.6
Samba version: 2.0.0 (Downloaded and installed as a solaris package)
Part of the smb.conf file is as follows:

[global]
   workgroup = Workgroup
   hosts allow = ALL
[homes]
   comment = Home Directories
   path = %H
   browseable = yes
   guest ok = no
   writable = yes

Running testparm on smb.conf reports no errors. Both smbd and nmbd come
up properly as daemons. I can access my samba shares from the localhost
by using the command line smbclient. But when I try to access my shares
from a win2k/NT machine, I get the following error:

C:\>net use * \\arles\arpit /USER:arpit
System error 1240 has occurred.
The account is not authorized to log in from this station.

Can anyone please guide me as to what may be going wrong?

Thanks in advance,
Arpit.