Changing passwords from NT workstation

David Bannon D.Bannon at latrobe.edu.au
Tue Oct 3 22:46:45 GMT 2000

At 03:34 PM 03/10/2000 +0400, Vadim K wrote:

>  Good day!
>  Has someone working syncronus password changing from NT workstation?
>  If yes, please help!
>  I've got samba-2.0.7 and it works correctly until I set
>   unix passwd sync = yes.
>  In this case UNIX password changes, but sambpasswd - not (with getting
>an error).

	For this to work you must 'tune' the line in 'passwd chat =' so that it is
in agreement with how your passwd programme responds. Its a messy process
that does not report errors accuratly. Consider alternatives, can you do
all your authetication from the samba passwd list for example ? If you have
a pam aware system see http://bioserve.latrobe.edu.au/samba/extras.html

David

David Bannon                      D.Bannon at latrobe.edu.au
School of Biochemistry            Phone 61 03 9479 2197
La Trobe University, Plenty Rd,   Fax   61 03 9479 2467
Bundoora, Vic, Australia, 3083    http://bioserve.latrobe.edu.au