Win2k joining 2.2 cvs from last night Nov 27, 2000

Marc Harding mharding at ecwebworks.com
Tue Nov 28 16:20:25 GMT 2000

I am working on getting a win2k pro machine to join a samba domain.  I
have followed the FAQ, and been reading the list.  I am unable to join
with various errors and problems.

I am using RedHat 6.2 (all required patches) with the pam support.  I was
wondering if I was using some incorrect configure options and this was
causing the errors.  Can someone give me an example of a working
configure line?

During the join process I see the workstation added to /etc/passwd and a
new line in the /etc/smbpasswd file as follows -

ec001$:502:NO PASSWORDXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX:NO
PASSWORDXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX:[NDW ]:LCT-3A230E1A:

If anyone can help me, I would greatly appreciate it.  I can also send
any other info required.

Thanks in advance,

Marc Harding
mharding at ecwebworks.com