Redhat 7.0 and Samba 2.2

David Bannon D.Bannon at latrobe.edu.au
Mon Nov 27 23:25:17 GMT 2000

At 11:14 AM 27/11/2000 -0500, Phillip C Roberts wrote:
>I am preparing to make my first attempt at a Samba PDC.   Is Redhat 7.0 a
>workable base or is 6.2 a better option?  Any other hints or suggestions at
>my first attempt at a PDC would be greatly appreciated.

I believe that RedHat jumped the gun a bit with gcc on 7.0 and included a
'alpha release' that does a few things differently. See the gcc site for
details. I would stick to 6.2 and stick all the (appropriate) patches on
including the kernel one. The standard 6.2 kernel has some security bug and
further does not allow the current ssh to work.

As a general rule, I find it better to wait for x.1 or x.2 with redhat...

david
David Bannon                      D.Bannon at latrobe.edu.au
School of Biochemistry            Phone 61 03 9479 2197
La Trobe University, Plenty Rd,   Fax   61 03 9479 2467
Bundoora, Vic, Australia, 3083    http://bioserve.latrobe.edu.au