Problem accessing a Samba server from W2K

David Bannon D.Bannon at latrobe.edu.au
Mon Nov 27 23:18:59 GMT 2000

At 05:35 PM 27/11/2000 +0100, Antonio DA SILVA wrote:
>   Hi all,   I'm a newbie with Samba, I've just dowloaded Samba  2.0.6 and
>I'd like to share files from a Solaris 2.5.1 station on W2K clients.  The
>smb.conf file I set up works fine with W95 clients, but not with W2K
>(message "Account not authorized to connect from this station" when I
>select the  Solaris station on the Explorer).   Has anyone a clue ? Thanks

You really need at least 2.0.7 to co-operate well with W2K. Please check
out the links on the 'Documentation' page at the samba web site.

david
David Bannon                      D.Bannon at latrobe.edu.au
School of Biochemistry            Phone 61 03 9479 2197
La Trobe University, Plenty Rd,   Fax   61 03 9479 2467
Bundoora, Vic, Australia, 3083    http://bioserve.latrobe.edu.au