Problems with Win2K joining Samba-2.2.0-Alpha1 domain

Richard Sharpe sharpe at ns.aus.com
Sun Nov 26 13:35:12 GMT 2000

Hi,

Well, after changing a call to sys_getpwnam(user) to Get_Pwnam(user, False)
in source/passdb/passdb.c:local_lookup_name, I got further on this, but am
now stuck with a message:

  The following error occurred attempting to join the domain "SAMBANET":
  The specified domain either does not exist or could not be contacted.

This message takes a long time to come up, and I see little network
activity for a long period, and then the message.

However, the annoying thing is that David Bannon says that joining the
domain from Win2K now works for him ...

Anyone else seeing either case?

Regards
-------