"Domain Admin Users" with alpha1

Adam Williams awilliam at whitemice.org
Mon Nov 27 02:42:38 GMT 2000

I am running a Samba PDC with a CVS checkout from 11-23-2000 (alpha1)
controlling a Citrix Winframe 1.7 server.  The server joins the domain
happily, and I can login.

1. It does however claim that I do not have domain admin privilages, even
though I am listed in "domain admin users=",  which prevents me from
running "Application Configuration" and giving other users the right to
connect.

2. Another interesting note is that user names show up in triplicate in
the file manager when you go to grant rights to a local file (I found one
post about this, but it was very old.)

  security = user
  status = yes
  workgroup = BACKBONE
  netbios name = FINFOOT
  wins server = 192.168.1.9
  encrypt passwords = yes
  smb passwd file = /usr/local/samba-head/private/smbpasswd
  domain logons = yes
  logon script = %G.bat
  domain admin users = root adam
  domain admin group = @cis
  guest account = pcnet
  share modes=no
  os level=165
  bind interfaces only = yes
  interfaces = 192.168.1.16 127.0.0.1
  preferred master = Yes
  domain master = Yes

This is 2.2 running bound to 192.168.1.16 (eth0:1) and the loopback
interface.  A samba 2.0.7 is running bound to 192.168.1.9 (eth0:0) for
providing file/print services,  it authenticates to the samba 2.2 process
just fine.  Win9x logons work, etc...