Samba 2.2 alpha 1 CVS unable to log into domain from W2K client

F.W.J.Wiegerinck f.w.j.wiegerinck at student.utwente.nl
Sun Nov 26 20:05:12 GMT 2000

I think you need a entry in the smbpasswd for your machine.
Only adding an account to your linux-userdatabase is not enough, also add one to your samba-userdatabase.
You can use a script like this:

#!/bin/sh
# path: /usr/local/samba/bin/addmachineaccount
accname=$1'$'
/usr/sbin/useradd -g trust -c W2KMachine -d /dev/null -s /bin/false $accname
/usr/local/samba/bin/smbpasswd -m $accname -n

(I'm not sure if it will handle the $-char correct)

And in smb.conf:
add user script = /usr/local/samba/bin/addmachineaccount %m

Good Luck!
Frank Wiegerinck