Samba 2.2.0alpha1 snapshot released

Alexander Lobodzinski nospam.aaa082914 at mental.com
Thu Nov 23 21:21:18 GMT 2000

Hi Jeremy & gang,

() If people could test this snapshot out and provide feedback
() about what is broken (probably lots at the moment :-) and
() let the lists know that would help.

OK, you asked for it:

cc: Error: ../rpc_server/srv_samr.c, line 806: Invalid statement. (badstmt)
        }
--------^

When compiling on DEC Unix 4.0x - adding a semicolon after
the "done:" label above fixed that.  If you are interested in
compiler warnings about uninitialized variables and stuff just
let me know.

Regarding functionality: when trying to join the domain with
a W2K server I get after a few seconds:

	The following error occurred attempting to join the domain "foo":
	No mapping between account names and security IDs was done.

However this is better than the CVS snapshot a few days before
which just showed the hourglass for one or two minutes and then
produced another error message which I unfortunately forgot.

I created machine accounts in smbpasswd and /etc/passwd and a
root account in smbpasswd by hand; if I do not use the correct
"root" password for joining, I'm told so immediately.  I did
everything according to David's ntdom{,faq}.html files as far
as I can tell...

    Ciao, Lobo