Only selective people can log in to a Win2K-Server, part of samba-2.2.0_cvs controlled domain

Christian Barth barth at cck.uni-kl.de
Tue Nov 21 19:54:27 GMT 2000

Hi,

we are currently doning some tests with a Win2K-Server in a domain
which is contorlled by a samba-2.2.0 (cvs of about 10 Days ago) PCD
(on Redhat 6.2). We noticed a "funny" thing:

Only two of about 20 users can log in to the Win2K-server, the other
immedialy recieve "The domain controller for FBKTEST cound not be
found" (well, this meaning, it's the german message). All users can
log into NT4WK. I have no ideas what's the difference between the
successfull and the unsuccessfull users, exept that they have been
the first 2 to try.

Any ideas?

An other thing:
Are policies known to work with Win2K-Server? We didn't get them
working.

Christian