PDC cannot be found - different subnet

Christian Barth barth at cck.uni-kl.de
Tue Nov 21 07:24:19 GMT 2000

Hello!

We habe a samba 2.0.7 PDC which can be accessed form remote subnets.
To achive this we haven't tried to use our University-WINS, but set
up the samba-Box as WINS whicht is staticly configured in all NT-
clients. Additionaly the NT-Clients have an
%WINNT%\system32\drivers\etc\lmhosts entry like:
 131.246.123.123  fkb   #PRE #DOM:fkb57
but I don't know if this is nessesary. Futhermore we use the "remote
anounce" Parameter of samba with the broadcast address of the remote
subnet

Hope this helps,

Christian