RPC

Simo Sorce simo.sorce at polimi.it
Thu Nov 16 08:39:33 GMT 2000

Alan Woodland wrote:

> I downloaded the microsoft pack for administering a domain from win 95, which i belive
> would work with samba as a domain controler, but the (MS) software says RPC error,
> unable to continue... Does anyone know why/have it working?
>
> Alan
>
> --
> Warning to commercial entities: Unsolicited commercial communications may be subject
> to a fee of £50 per hour of my time consumed (My opinion of the length of time
> consumed is final (minimum resolution of 1 hour)). Sending me mail implies acceptance
> of these terms.

Alan, I assume you are testing samba 2.0.x
Samba 2.0.x has limited RPC support and will fail on many queries.
Samba 2.2.0 is in alpha stage and will be released soon; thi version has
a much improved
RPC support and will probably be able to behave correctly with MS tools.
Stay tuned (for testing purposes there is a snapshot of samba 2.2.0 on
samba.org)

Simo.

--
Simo Sorce - Integrazione Sistemi Unix/Windows - Politecnico di Milano
E-mail: simo.sorce at polimi.it
Tel.int: 02 2399 2425 - Fax.int. 02 2399 2451