Win2k domain logon problem (repost)

David Bannon D.Bannon at latrobe.edu.au
Mon Nov 13 04:56:14 GMT 2000

At 10:34 AM 12/11/2000 -0000, Torne Wuff wrote:
>I got my Win2k machine to join the domain with no problems, by usignt he
>patch posted to this list and authenticating as root - but when I try to log
>on to the domain (from the win2k logon prompt) I get 'The netlogon service
>is not running on the machine'. What does this mean? I have a netlogon share
>that contains a dummy logon script.

As a matter of interest, what version of samba are you using ? ie if 2.2
then is it the 'snapshot' samba2.2alpha0 or is it a cvs download ?

Such information is very important when posting questions.

David
David Bannon                      D.Bannon at latrobe.edu.au
School of Biochemistry            Phone 61 03 9479 2197
La Trobe University, Plenty Rd,   Fax   61 03 9479 2467
Bundoora, Vic, Australia, 3083    http://bioserve.latrobe.edu.au