Take my name... please

Manuel Bessler manuel at varxec.de
Fri Nov 10 22:53:09 GMT 2000

On Thu, Nov 09, 2000 at 11:49:53AM +0100, James Nord wrote:
> Take a look at your E-Mail headers

> /James

just to be sure i retried it. with both variants.
Nothing happened. i didn't even get a error-response or something.
just like a black hole...

As we've seen i'm not the only one with these problems.
we will see more "remove me from this list" messages in the next time
if the unsubscribe mechanism cannot be restored. As samba-tng split
up with their own site, even more people will leave this list.

> > i tried to unsubscribe several times from samba-ntdom, but it seems
> > (at least for me, and only for samba-tng) that the "Send me my password"
> > doesn't work. If do not use the subscription page to subscribe, you never
> > have to submit a password, so mailman creates one. Now, when i want to
> > unsubscribe later, i go to the subscription pagem and let mailman send
> > me the password. This worked with samba, but samba-ntdom never sent me one.
> > I tried several times over the last 3 weeks.
> >
> > Also, the digest format is somehow broken.
> >
> > Maybe we should make the old way of (un)subscribing available:
> > mail to listname-request at domain or listprocessor at domain
> > with "subscribe" or "unsubscribe" in Subject or Body ???
> >
> > regards
> > Manuel

> Technology is a word that describes something that doesn't work yet.
> 	Douglas Adams
Maybe thats the case with the samba-ntdom unsubscribe mechanism ?? :-/

--
     .-.                        | Manuel Bessler
     /v\    L   I   N   U   X   | <manuel at varxec.de>, <m.bessler at gmx.net>