Samba_2_2 and Win2K

Patrick Calkins PCalkins at OEMSupport.com
Fri Nov 10 20:53:41 GMT 2000

Hello all,
	I am having trouble joining a Win2K SPI client to a samba_2_2
domain. I did apply the code patch to the srv_lsa.c file and re-compile, but
the same problem still exists:

When joining the Win2k client to the domain, it reports that it cannot find
an account for the machine (which I have manually added to /etc/passwd &
smbpasswd -a -m machine_name$). So it askes for an admin user, which I give
it root, then it comes back with 'The procedure number is out of range'
error. I thought the patch fixed this (??).

Thanks!
--Patrick