CVS Complie on RH7.0?

Dana Canfield canfield at uindy.edu
Fri Nov 10 20:16:52 GMT 2000

I've not seen this fixed, nor seen anyone complain about it, but under
the SAMBA_2_2 branch, when I try to compile, I get the error:

tdb/tdbutil.c: In function `tdb_pack':
   `short unsigned int' is promoted to `int' when passed through `...'
   (so you should pass `int' not `short unsigned int' to `va_arg')

This has been this way for a couple weeks, so I'm wondering if it's
specific to RH 7.0 or something like that, as I can't imagine a problem
that prevents compilation would have been left in the branch for so long.

Anyone have any ideas?

Also, is there a better way to report things like this?

DC