samba2.2.0aplha0 PDC and W2k server ?

Christian Barth barth at cck.uni-kl.de
Fri Nov 10 10:30:17 GMT 2000

Hello!

According to the good Samba 2.2 PDC HowTo/FAQ from David Bannon we
tried to add a w2k-server, german edition, to a samba2.2.0alpha0 PCD
controlled domain. Any body got this working? For w2k-server, not w2k-
workstation.

This is how far we got:

Keeping to the Howto, joining the domain the w2k-server aborts with
an error: The used account is a workstation account, use a normal
user account (german orginal, etwa: Das benutze Konto ist ein
Arbeitsstationenkonto. Benutzen sie ihr normale Benutzerkonto ...")

Adding the w2k-server to /etc/passwd and setting the add user skript
to "/bin/echo > /dev/null 2&>1", a disabled workstation account is
created in the smbpasswd and the w2k-server aborts with: the number
of procedures is out of range (german orginal: Die Prozeduranzahl ist
außerhalb des erlaubten Bereichs).

Treating the w2k-server like a NT4.0-server we get the last error
message as well.

Is it worth trying the current cvs?

By the way,
with samba_tng_2.5_good joining a w2k-server to a samba-PCD works.

Christian