Samba as PDC .. W2K Clients (URGENT)

Pragyansmita Paul pragyan at cs.iitm.ernet.in
Thu Nov 9 18:33:14 GMT 2000

Hello,

Our environment :
Samba as PDC, Win2K Professional Clients

What is working?
Compiled Samba latest version
Installed Samba on Linux m/c FOO as PDC for domain TESTING
Created smbpasswd and smb.conf file which has been inlcuded as an
attachment in this mail.
We have not done any policy changes in the Win2k coz we dont know how to
do and if it is necessary? Please let us know about this also.

/************ THIS WORKS !! ******************************/
[root at foo]# smbclient -L FOO -U root
Unknown parameter encountered: "domain admin users"
Ignoring unknown parameter "domain admin users"
added interface ip=x.y.z.a bcast=x.y.z.255 nmask=255.255.255.0
Password:
session setup ok
Domain=[TESTING] OS=[Unix] Server=[Samba TNG-alpha]

        Sharename      Type      Comment
        ---------      ----      -------
        public         Disk      Public share
        IPC$           IPC       IPC Service (Samba TNG-alpha)
        root           Disk      Users' home directories

        Server               Comment
        ---------            -------
        FOO                 Samba TNG-alpha

        Workgroup            Master
        ---------            -------
        TESTING              FOO

/************************************************************/

/************ THIS DOES NOT WORK !! *************************/

On another machine BAR, the same command does not work (where BAR is a
Linux Machine)

[root at BAR /root]# smbclient -L FOO -U root
SSL: Error error setting CA cert locations: error:00000000::lib(0)
:func(0) :reason(0)
trying default locations.
added interface ip=x.y.z.a bcast=x.y.z.255 nmask=255.255.255.0
Password:
session setup failed: ERRSRV - ERRbadpw (Bad password - name/password pair
in a Tree Connect or Session Setup are invalid.)

/************************************************************************/

/******************* THIS ALSO DOES NOT WORK :-(( **********************/
On Windows 2K professional Machine when we try to join the domain, we get
the following error,a text box pops up saying

"The following error occured attempting to join the domain TESTING
The credentials supplied conflict the with an existing set of credentials"

Please help us out of this. Free pizza for whoever helps us configure
Samba successfully ;-)

Thanks in advance,
Cheers,
Pragyan.