Sharing profiles between NT4 and W2K on Samba 2.2

David Bannon D.Bannon at latrobe.edu.au
Thu Nov 9 00:30:20 GMT 2000

Hmm... This one might be a bit scary. I just noticed that if you have a
profile that was 'seen' by W2K, that is, you logged into a domain via W2K,
there is a problem when next you logon to a NT4ws.

The network icon disappears from the control panel !! Nothing more (that I
have found yet) but why on earth would that happen ?? Its not a permission
thing, if you where clever enough to make a short cut to the network icon
before playing with W2K you can run with it after.

I have been back and forwards a couple of times, there is no doubt that the
problem is coming in via the profile, what does anyone think ??

Does this mean that profiles may not be 'shareable' between NT and W2K ? If
it does this what other things will we find it doing....

I guess I'll have a look with regedit and try and see what its doing.

David
David Bannon                      D.Bannon at latrobe.edu.au
School of Biochemistry            Phone 61 03 9479 2197
La Trobe University, Plenty Rd,   Fax   61 03 9479 2467
Bundoora, Vic, Australia, 3083    http://bioserve.latrobe.edu.au