Samba 2.2.0 and Win2K joining the domain

ctooley at amoa.org ctooley at amoa.org
Tue Nov 7 16:34:18 GMT 2000

I'm beginning to think that there are some very different behaviours amoung the
different "flavors?" of Windows 2000 Pro out there.  I am running a machine that
had Release Candidate 2 upgraded to Final, with Service Pack 1 on it.  I'm
running RedHat 6.2 with the stock kernel, and have tried many different cvs and
snapshot versions of 2.2.0, with no success in the Windows 2000 area.

Something about my configuration is definitely very different than David
Bannon's and at this point, I'm less worried about just making it work and more
interested in figuring out what the differences are.  Hopefully that will help
the developers be able to deal with the different Win2k installations.

If someone could shoot a smb.conf my way that they know works, I'd love to give
it a shot.

Chris Tooley

David Bannon <D.Bannon at latrobe.edu.au> on 11/06/2000 04:09:22 PM