Samba 2.2.0 and Win2K joining the domain

David Bannon D.Bannon at latrobe.edu.au
Mon Nov 6 03:25:58 GMT 2000

At 12:07 PM 06/11/2000 +1000, Richard Sharpe wrote:
>Hi,
>
>I have seen some conflicting reports of people being able to join a Samba
>2.2.0 domain from Win2K.
>
>Can people tell me the date they pulled down the version please so I can
>see if this is a problem with the latest CVS tree or a problem with what I
>have got.

Richard,
 I have been able to put W2K on the domain on each of 3 versions I pulled
down over the last 2 of weeks. The current one was cvs'ed on early Nov 2
(melbourne time).

There are some issues (ref the FAQ) but it certainly works for me.

I'll get a completely fresh copy and confirm it. Should we start comparing
operating systems etc ?

David
David Bannon                      D.Bannon at latrobe.edu.au
School of Biochemistry            Phone 61 03 9479 2197
La Trobe University, Plenty Rd,   Fax   61 03 9479 2467
Bundoora, Vic, Australia, 3083    http://bioserve.latrobe.edu.au