Can't set Workgroup name / samba-tng-alpha-2.6

Larry James ljames at hera.apollo3.com
Thu Nov 2 14:24:58 GMT 2000

      I have a problem with the workgroup name.  If I name my workgroup
anything other than "LARS", I'll get the following error for any user
that tries to access samba.

---------
LSA_OPENSECRET: NT_STATUS_OBJECT_NAME_NOT_FOUND
SMB LM/NT Password did not match!
Rejecting user 'ljames': authentication failed
---------

     If I add "workgroup = lars" to my smb.conf file, any user can
access samba without problems.

     I'm using samba-tng-alpha-2.6.
     Thanks in advance for anyone that has any suggestions or comments.

                          -- L. James

Apollo III Communications               One of the World's First ISP's
Larry James      http://www.apollo3.com/~ljames     ljames at apollo3.com