Win 2K and Samba as PDC

EFT.Eric Devolder edevolder at eft.be
Tue May 30 09:11:13 GMT 2000

Hello,

I was very disappointed to admit that Win 2K client cannot join a Samba
2.0.7 domain. I got this confirmation from comp.protocols.smb newsgroup. The
only way to manage this is to consider upgrading to Samba TNG, or to wait
for samba 3.0 around October.
Anyone can confirm this information ?

However, considering upgrading to TNG is dangerous, isn't it ? We are
running a production network, so I don't want to run server on unstable
release. Maybe someone can tell me its experience about TNG, if it is
stable, what can I do whit it ( trust relationship ? ;-) ).

Regards,

	Eric

Eric DEVOLDER <mailto:edevolder at eft.be>
E.F.T. Consultants s.a.
av. Plasky 157 / 6 - 1030 Brussels - Belgium
Tel +32 (0)2 736.89.11 - Fax +32 (0)2 736.88.53
URL http://www.eft.be