OS Choices

Peter Samuelson peter at cadcamlab.org
Fri May 26 22:14:51 GMT 2000

[Ranjan Bagchi <ranjan_bagchi at yahoo.com>]
> The new model I'm looking at (IBM's NetVista) only is available in
> Win98 and Win2k versions.

So NT4 won't run on it, or did you mean it's just not available
pre-installed?

> I'd like to stick with NT over '98, but what would I have to do so
> that the NT4 and new Win2k computer could still use Samba as PDC?

Samba 2.0.x cannot function as PDC for Windows 2000.  PDC support in
2.0.x is experimental to begin with, and there are a lot of missing
features.  Too many missing features for Windows 2000 to work with it,
even in NT4 compatibility mode.

Peter