problem loggin into TNG 2.5

Michael Glauche mg at plum.de
Tue May 23 23:19:52 GMT 2000

Hi,
  I got some serious problem here:
TNG 2.5, fresh install. user and machine accounts ok,
smbclient works fine. But when i try to access from NT
(join into TNG domain works perfectly) I get:

cli_nt_setup_creds: request challenge failed
domain_client_validate: credentials failed (\\.)
SMB LM/NT Password did not match!
Rejecting user 'sysop': authentication failed
cli_nt_setup_creds: request challenge failed
domain_client_validate: credentials failed (\\.)
SMB LM/NT Password did not match!
Rejecting user 'sysop': authentication failed
cli_nt_setup_creds: request challenge failed
domain_client_validate: credentials failed (\\.)
SMB LM/NT Password did not match!
Rejecting user 'sysop': authentication failed
cli_nt_setup_creds: request challenge failed
domain_client_validate: credentials failed (\\.)
SMB LM/NT Password did not match!
Rejecting user 'sysop': authentication failed

strange thing is, user sysop works fine with smbclient
form other machine ... :
authorise_login: TODO. split function, it's 6 levels!
authorise_login: TODO. split function, it's 6 levels!
vesuv (10.1.4.43) connect to service netlogon as user sysop (uid=521,
gid=100) (pid 8830)
vesuv (10.1.4.43) closed connection to service netlogon

any Ideas ? I'm pretty desperate here .. ;(

(sorry for the lousy report. its late .. ;)

TIA,
  Michael