Samedit usefullness

Chris Tooley ctooley at joslyn.org
Tue May 23 22:46:41 GMT 2000

Is there any documentation for samedit?  I keep coming up with:

[root at jams bin]# ./samedit -S \MYSAMBAPDC
added interface ip=192.168.0.99 bcast=192.168.0.255 nmask=255.255.255.0
Enter Password:
Server: \\MYSAMBAPDC:   User:   CTOOLEY Domain:
Connection:     write_socket_data: write failure. Error = Bad file descriptor

write_socket: Error writing 43 bytes to socket -1: ERRNO = Bad file
descriptor
Error writing 43 bytes to client. -1
Segmentation fault

whenever I try to connect.  This may be a bad tarball of samba-tng too, but I
would nevertheless like to see some documentation for samedit at least
started.  I'd be more than happy to start working on it, if I only knew how
to use samedit.  Lars' very nice and extremely helpful FAQ is simply not up
to date as far as samedit goes and the documentation in the README in the
source still says to do a "smbpasswd -c -m your_samba_server_name$" to add
the server to the domain.

Can anyone help me, either with the docs or with my specific problem?

Chris Tooley