Managing users for NT login to samba PDC

Paul J Collins pjdc at eircom.net
Mon May 22 18:17:44 GMT 2000

-snip-
    Buchan> I have tried the following in the smb.conf file:
    Buchan> domain admin group = domadm
    Buchan> domain admin users = bgmilne
-snip-
    Buchan> None of this worked. Did I use it wrong, or does it not work yet ...
-snip-

Typically, if you want a user to be a domain administrator:

* create a Unix group to be the "Domain Admins" group, e.g. domadmin

* Add the option "domain group map = <file>"

* add this line in the file pointed to be the above (must be world
  readable, afaik):

        domadmin = "Domain Admins"

* add the domain user's account on the Unix box to the domadmin Unix
  group

    Buchan> Do the following entries work, and if so how ?
    Buchan> domain admin group
    Buchan> domain admin users
    Buchan> domain groups
    Buchan> domain guest group
    Buchan> domain guest users

Are you using Samba-TNG?  All of the above are deprecated in
Samba-TNG.  The maps in combination with groups on the Unix side cover
all the functionality that the above were intended to provide.

Paul.

--
Paul Collins <sneakums at eircom.net> - - - - - [ A&P,a&f ]
 GPG: 0A49 49A9 2932 0EE5 89B2  9EE0 3B65 7154 8131 1BCD