Next stable version of Samba.

Kevin Colby kevinc at grainsystems.com
Fri May 19 15:21:37 GMT 2000

I have to concur that I would expect TNG to be given a new
major release number--when it is released.  However, if
a number is assigned to it now, we may be having this same
discussion next year, when suddenly "4.0" is something
other than TNG.  I don't honestly expect that now, but
how many people expected "2.1" to be an issue?  This
should be given some serious thought.  Of course, much
like Netscape Communicator, should that happen "4.0"
could simply be skipped and "5.0" be assigned to the
next big thing.

	- Kevin Colby
	  kevinc at grainsystems.com