In researching samba to integrate in domain, i was trying to use ftp on nt though a samba file share, and I get Dr.watson some up with an exception error.

David_Nagrosst David_Nagrosst at middlesex.cc.nj.us
Thu May 18 18:14:09 GMT 2000

In researching samba to integrate in domain, i was trying to use ftp on nt
though a samba file share, and I get Dr.watson coming up with an exception
error when I try to login as administrator or a user.

What I have is TWO NT machines, one pdc, and one bdc, then I have a samba
server that has joined the domain.  I can see the share, transfer stuff in
and out and what ever else through netbios.

However, what I am trying to is to see if I can use IIS4 on NT to ftp to the
share that has been set up, that way I don't have to worry about syncronzing
passwords, and the only thing the samba box will do is be a webserver, and
putting and getting files will be up to NT and Samba.

Doesn't seem to work though...  I get exception errors from the good Doctor.

Thanks in advance,

David