Domain Admins

Matthew Geddes mgeddes at mail.xavier.sa.edu.au
Thu May 18 02:06:35 GMT 2000

Hi guys,

Sorry, but I haven\'t been paying enough attention to the
list / TNG for the last couple of weeks and I apologise
if this has already been addressed (or if I\'m just plain
stupid).

I have a box set up with yesterday\'s TNG CVS. I can log
in as administrator and another admin account and they
now both work as Local Administrators. I have the domain
group map = , local group map = and domain alias map =
lines in smb.conf (with the full path names of course).
The group I am using for the Domain Admin group is the
user\'s primary Unix group, it is unique (ie, there are
no users with the same name) and the local
administrators group is also unique. When I try to
browse, map a drive, remote admin, etc. I get an access
denied message.

I am using user level security, domain logons are on,
it\'s the master browser, WINS works (it\'s actually
pointing to our dodgy NT WINS server) and the users are
in the smbpasswd file.

When I do a \'samgroupmem administrators\' I am told that
the Administrator and the user account (as well as two
name-less accounts) exist in that group. When I do the
same with \"Domain Admins\" (and it is looking Domain
Admins not just Domain), It returns nothing.

enumg returns all the groups and instead of the Unix
group showing, the correct NT group is returned.

Apart from that, TNG looks *really* good. It is heaps
quicker logging in than the NT box (identical hardware),
but that could just be the inability to load a remote
profile from the server.

Good work peoples!

Thanks,
Matt

P.S. Luke/Rest of Samba team: Would you be interested in
having a couple of other \"support\" files (like the
example smb.conf file(s)) updated for TNG?

Xavier College Gawler, South Australia
visit http://www.xavier.sa.edu.au/