2.0.7 and WinNT 4.0 logins?

Paul Lussier pll at mclinux.com
Mon May 15 18:05:06 GMT 2000

Hi all,

Someone late last week mentioned to me that 2.0.7 would not allow NT4.0
systems to take part in a Samba controlled domain.  Is this true?

What I want to do (since we have so few NT systems here) is enable plaintext
passwords on all win98/NT systems so they can authenticate against a Samba PDC
using NIS.

I know this worked in the past with Win95/98, and I could've sworn it worked
for NT4.0 as well, but this was back around 2.0.4 or so.  Am I still okay
going this route with 2.0.7?

Thanks,

--
Seeya,