TNG does not compile (libsamrpass.so undefined reference to ...)

Jens Skripczynski Skripi at hrzpub.tu-darmstadt.de
Sat May 13 23:11:41 GMT 2000

Jens Skripczynski:
> Hi,
>
> G E N E R A L
> * * * * * * * *
> OS          : linux (redhat 6.2b)
> Compiler    :  gcc version egcs-2.91.66 19990314/Linux (egcs-1.1.2 release)
> CVS-Branch  :  SAMBA_TNG
> Version/Date:  today (how can I retrive the time of the last update ?)
> Error Type  : reproduceable
> Short Desc. : libsamrpass.so fails to compile

> Trigger     :
> export INSTALLDIR=$SW_ROOT/i386_lnx2/samba-TNG-`date +%Y.%m.%d`
> echo $INSTALLDIR
> CFLAGS="-O2 -m486" \
> /configure \
> --prefix=$INSTALLDIR \
> --sysconfdir=/usr/local/etc/samba \
> --localstatedir=/var/log/samba \
> --libdir=/usr/local/etc/samba/lib \
> --with-privatedir=/usr/local/etc/samba/private \
> --with-sambaconfdir=/usr/local/etc/samba \
> --with-lockdir=/var/lock/samba \
> --with-sam-pwdb=passwd \
> --with-gnu-ld \
> --with-pam \
> && make
> -------------
Solution    : traced things down to this:
              configure using option "--with-sam-pwdb=passwd \"
              make the compile fail. I don't know why since
              it is the standard build option. Doing all the above
              and leaving "--with-sam-pwdb=passwd \" out, tng
              compiles correctly (leaving out all the compile warnings...).

              Looking at the configure script i do not find any
              difference on the case statement at line 10608.
              Just the output of the configure skript is different.
error with --with-sam-pwdb=passwd:
Compiling groupdb/aliasdb.c with libtool
bin/.libs/libsamrpass.so: undefined reference to `lookup_builtin_alias_name'
bin/.libs/libsamrpass.so: undefined reference to `initialise_passgrp_db'
bin/.libs/libsamrpass.so: undefined reference to `add_group_entry'
bin/.libs/libsamrpass.so: undefined reference to `local_password_change'
bin/.libs/libsamrpass.so: undefined reference to `initialise_group_db'
bin/.libs/libsamrpass.so: undefined reference to `del_smbpwd_entry'
bin/.libs/libsamrpass.so: undefined reference to `initialise_builtin_db'

Ciao

Jens Skripczynski
E-Mail: skripi at hrzpub.tu-darmstadt.de

Computers are like airconditioners: They stop working
properly if you open windows.